Sikh Research Institute is looking for a driven and enthusiastic individual to provide leadership to our Marketing & Communications team. Reporting to the Executive Director, this role will be developing, executing and analyzing a variety of audience-focused marketing campaigns and activities. This individual has enthusiasm for everything our organization has to offer.
The Director of Marketing & Communications works closely with all departments providing marketing and communications leadership and support for all aspects of the business.
This role creates, develops and implements effective strategy to provide marketing for the organization; includes planning, organizing, communicating and implementation of all advertising and marketing programs with an emphasis on digital platforms, print, and collateral.
A proven marketing leader, this individual demonstrates creativity and intellectual agility to be the voice of our company in branding and social media for our audiences.
- Strategic and tactical aspects of branding, marketing, communication and public relations.
- Lead the team in designing a social media strategy that drives engagement from our current fans and reaches new audiences.
- Optimize search engine advertising platforms (i.e. Google search and display network) and social media advertising (i.e. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram).
- Manage and coach multidisciplinary staff.
- Keep abreast of current web design standards, trends and user experience best practices.
- Implement marketing automation and email marketing best practices
- Conduct research and develop consumer insights.
- Derive insights from Google Analytics or similar web analytics programs.
- Excellent decision-making, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Develop highly effective marketing and communications initiatives.
- Establish priorities, meet tight deadlines, and work on a number of different initiatives concurrently.
- Budget planning and financial management
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others, upholding organizational culture and values
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, organizational communication, or similar field of study
- 3 or more years’ experience in a senior marketing role
- Experience with digital, content, and social media marketing
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral, written, and presentation).
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and results-driven