The Finance Manager reports directly to the Operations Manager. The work location for this position is remote. We are looking for an experienced and professional individual who has current or recent experience in accounting and payroll.
The Finance Manager’s work schedule has some flexibility but it is expected that the majority of the hours will be worked during regular office hours.
- Analysis of monthly financial statements and other external reports required by funding agreements
- Responsible for A/P and A/R ensuring timeliness, accuracy of codes and appropriate backup
- Overseeing bi-weekly payroll (ADP) for up to 40 employees
- Overseeing the administration of the employee pension and benefit plan
- Preparing account reconciliations and analytic working papers for annual audit filing
- Filing the annual Registered Charity Information Return
- Preparing quarterly and annual financial reports for funders and stakeholders
- Creation and maintenance of annual budgets ensuring activities are carried out in accordance with the approved budgets
- Maintenance of recurring monthly accrual and amortization schedules and month-end journal entries.
- Minimum 2nd year CPA or equivalent degree
- Strong knowledge of payroll practices and procedures, experience working with ADP an asset
- Sound knowledge of MS Office programs, in particular Excel
- 3-5 years bookkeeping experience, preferably for non-profit organizations
- Ability to work independently and as a member of the management team