The Graphic Designer will be partially responsible for the design, coordination, and creation of printed and digital creative needs for the Sikh Research Institute. Knowledge of Sikh and Panjabi aesthetics is desirable for this role. This position will report directly to the Creative Director.
- Work with the Creative Director, Senior Designer, Video & Graphics Producer to design & produce various materials for internal & external use.
- Work with web developers to design content for the website.
- Develop concepts, corporate presentations, and graphics for podcasts, social media, and web environments.
- Prepare rough drafts of material based on project briefings while strictly adhering to the SikhRI brand guidelines.
- Maintain an efficient job schedule and manage workflow to ensure that all tasks are assigned and delivered according to deadlines.
- Ongoing professional development as you broaden your skills in Digital Marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field required.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite required (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign). Desirable: Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- Experience using Microsoft Office, Google Cloud, and Social Media.
- 2-3 years of design experience required.
- Exceptional creativity and innovative thinking.
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong multi-tasking, time management, and organization skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, be self-motivated and work independently.
- Ability to work with sensitive information with absolute discretion and a high degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to work collaboratively and be a team player.
- A drive for constant professional improvement.
- Impeccable communication skills, both through email and video calls.
Benefits of Working at SikhRI
- Working with a strong leadership team that is attuned to your career development and goals for the future.
- Opportunity to work with individuals of different backgrounds from all over the world.
- Opportunity to make a difference within a globally renowned company/institution.
- Getting to expand your design skill set through direct application to the work you’re doing.