The Sikh Research Institute (SikhRI) is looking for a Remote Motion Graphic Designer/Video editor. Our mission is to provide educational resources to Sikhs to lead Guru-inspired lives. As a Motion Graphic Designer/Video Editor, you will play a key role in developing highly creative, visually appealing, and brand-focused content that brings educational resources to life. You will also work with our marketing team to create content that brings attention to the resources so that those who seek them may find them. Our approach is one of humility and understanding that each seeker’s journey is unique to them.
- Design and animate motion graphics for video content across digital and social platforms.
- Collaborate closely with the Creative Director and Art Director to conceptualize video content.
- Edit long-form educational and inspirational video content.
- Develop style frames and storyboards for the initial stages of production.
- Occasionally help with static digital design overflow.
- Maintain brand guidelines and understand brand objectives while pushing creative and visual boundaries.
- Stay abreast of video and motion design trends and social media, marketing, and educational content production trends.
- Work independently and with teammates to manage complex projects and meet deadlines, often with a quick turnaround.
- Deep understanding of the creative process.
- Minimum 2+ years experience as a Motion Designer & Video Editor.
- Extensive experience with Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro, Audition, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Canva is a must.
- Strong understanding of editing, color correction, sound design, and mixing audio for video.
- Strong understanding of typography, color theory, and motion design principles.
- Capable of meeting tight deadlines and quickly turning around high-end video content.
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail in designing and preparing final deliverables.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and creative.
- Excellent communicator that can clearly explain creative concepts to stakeholders.
- Must submit an online demo reel or portfolio for consideration.
- Understanding Social Media platforms and trends is a plus.
- BS/BA in Motion Graphic Design, Video Production, or related creative production field is a plus.