The Sikh Research Institute (SikhRI) is seeking an Editor for The Guru Granth Sahib Project (TGGSP). We are looking for a meticulous Editor with an eye for detail and expert knowledge of English to coordinate, review and edit content, and manage all steps in the publication process. The Editor will be working independently and collaboratively as a part of a global team. Knowledge of the Sikh faith, Guru Granth Sahib, Gurmukhi script, and the Panjabi language is required. The Editor will report to the Project Lead.
- Edit and Proofread content for grammar, punctuation, consistency, style accuracy
- Suggest possible sources and improvements for content
- Review, maintain, and develop processes and style guides
- Edit all content: core TGGSP, articles, and other material
- Draft summaries, overviews, press releases, and content for marketing
- Approve Social Media assets
- Draft, review and/or edit all website content
- Master’s degree in English, humanities, religious studies, or related field
- 5+ years of experience as a working professional
- Management experience preferred
- Proficiency in English and Panjabi is required
- Impeccable grammar, spelling, and communication skills are a must
- Knowledge of editing principles, practices, and methods; modern English usage, publication format; principles of supervision
- Solid understanding and experience with AP Style and web publishing
- Familiarity with pre-press production processes and quality checks
- Ability to work independently and direct others in their work
- Basic HTML knowledge (h2s, links, etc.)
- Technology proficiency in Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace
- Experience with WordPress or similar content management systems
- Excellent time and project management skills
In your cover letter, please include:
- WHY do you want to work for SikhRI?
- WHY are you the perfect fit for the job?
- WHY are you passionate about editing?