The Sikh Research Institute (SikhRI) is actively looking for a Data Analyst to join our team and support SikhRI’s research and development initiatives. You will support SikhRI’s “State of the Panth” reports. You will be developing unique, long-form content and disseminating surveys and feedback mechanisms for data collection. You will work closely with the Senior Policy Fellow, Research Associate, and Research Assistant. The Data Analyst will report directly to the Research Associate.
Data Analyst Responsibilities
- Design, conduct and analyze survey data on Sikh matters
- Use automated tools to extract data from primary and secondary sources
- Perform analysis to assess the quality and meaning of data
- Use statistical tools to identify, analyze, and interpret patterns and trends in complex data sets that could be helpful for the report
- Liaise with team members (e.g., researchers, writers, designers, reviewers, etc.)
Data Analyst Requirements
- Familiarity with SikhRI’s survey objectives and process
- Familiarity with quantitative and qualitative research methods and data analysis
- Strong mathematical skills to help collect, measure, organize, and analyze data
- Knowledge of programming languages like SQL, Oracle, R, MATLAB, and Python
- Proficiency in statistics and statistical packages like Excel, SPSS, SAS to be used for data set analyzing
- Experience working in Data Analysis
- Solid understanding and experience with AP Style and web publishing
- Basic HTML knowledge (h2s, links, etc.) and technical proficiency in Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace
- Ability to work independently; excellent time and project management skills focused on deliverables and deadlines
In your cover letter, please include:
- WHY do you want to work for SikhRI?
- WHY are you the perfect fit for the job?
This is a part-time position (10 hours per report, average of 2 reports per year)