The Sikh Research Institute (SikhRI) is actively looking for a Community Manager who will be responsible for the coordination and promotion of global events. You will have the opportunity to work with thought-leaders of the Sikh community in designing and delivering experiences for global audiences. This role is at the heart of SikhRI — delivering engagement and experiences to inspire leadership and foster human connections between individuals in our community.
As a specific requirement, the Community Manager also plays a key role in leading, managing, and running Sidak, our annual leadership retreat, and the Sidak Alumni Network.
The Community Manager will report directly to the Creative Director.
- Manage, organize, and coordinate all in-person and online events in a systemized, scalable way.
- Administer all phases of the department, including but not limited to planning, marketing, servicing, and administrative procedures.
- Lead all event planning and production meetings and discussions.
- Research venue options, coordinate appointments and visits to see venue space, and schedule events on the calendar.
- Coordinate logistics and travel to the event locations.
- Work with regional coordinators, institutional partners, and community organizations to organize and promote programs and events.
- Lead and manage all aspects of Sidak.
- Maintain and grow the Sidak Alumni Network.
- Secure and manage volunteers.
- Organize and lead collaboration with Marketing on event concept, graphic design/production/printing, and event marketing.
- Manage platforms (BigMarker, Zoom, Google Meet, FB Live) to set up events, open registration, and publish events details.
- Host webinars and occasionally moderate.
- Manage the recording (live or prerecorded) of sessions and all required training, including technical (audio/visual/platform) issues.
- Responsible for handling tech support of all online sessions.
- Run post-event reports for internal/external stakeholders.
- Associates degree and 3 years of work experience or equivalent experience.
- Experience with integrating social media into event planning and execution.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Detailed oriented, multi-tasking abilities, team playing skills.
- Budget management and negotiation skills.
- Ability to accomplish projects both independently and as a key member of a high-energy team.
- Ability to learn the use of all SikhRI platforms, and manage the information about respondents, registrants, and attendees of events.
- Fast learner and expert in the use of modern web tools and technologies.
- Accommodate a flexible work schedule, depending on event needs and priorities.
- Experience in non-profit, community development, or educational institutions preferred.
- Position requires the Community Manager to be physically present at Sidak.
- Position requires travel.
- Position requires Panjabi speaking skills.
In your cover letter, please include:
- WHY do you want to work for SikhRI?
- WHY are you the perfect fit for the job?
- WHY are you passionate about the work?
Location: North America